Sunday, June 5, 2011

Garden update

A couple weeks ago we bought a few flowers and planted them in the back of the yard ! Now when I sit out back I can see the pretty flowers as long as the severe sun does not kill them first. They must be watered every two hours or they wilt. I am planning on building an arbor out there so maybe that will help give them some much needed shade! Pretty though -


I tried to take a pic of a Cardinal that had landed on the bird feeder but he moved to the back just as I was snapping the picture - I only got his tail. Notice the smoky look in the picture? Well that is the smoke that is everywhere here from some forest fire - yuck it is seriously messing with my allergies between the smoke and high pollen count , I am a mess!
Our orange tree is still alive (yeah) and has some blossoms growing
These 2 beds in the north part of the yard are growing very slowly. They only get a few hours of sun. Miscalculation on my part so in the fall we are moving them to be by the other 2 beds.
but alas what do we have here - a little flower growing on a tomatoe plant - maybe there is hope yet for these guys.
Now this side of the garden has done well. I think the snap peas are done with though. It is getting too hot for them. The zuchinni are rotting at the base because I did not stake them soon enough : (
These guys are doing well the cucumbers are growing and we had a nice little harvest of pole beans
not bad huh?
On a side note - I made that cute little basket. My neighbor taught me how and i love it.
Happy Gardening!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fruitful start!