Tonight my good friend Tonya and I hosted a Winter festival and Advent spiral at my house. I have never attended a Waldorf Advent spiral so I read up on it and it turned out to be a beautiful experience. We had invited 3 additional families to join us (10 kids). The evening started with sewing a star and making gingerbread cookies. I have a picture of the star, but all the cookies are gone of course!


This is what the spiral looked like this afternoon when I was testing how it would looked. I was very
excitted to see how pretty it turned out and could not wait till the evening when it would be aglow with candle light.


The spiral started with all the children and moms coming into the room quietly and joining hands around the spiral. Tonya and I then said a very nice blessing from the book
TheTales of Tiptoes Lightly that starts off :
Bless this candle Burning bright, Bless its shining in the night. 
Ryan's turn! Amazingly enough we did not need the bowl of water I set for " just in case emergencies"

The spiral was beautiful in the dark.
Unfortunately this picture does not show that, but it was very peaceful. We all sang "This Little Light of Mine" and then guided all the kids to sit for the puppet show.

Tonya read the story "The Light in the Lantern" while I was the puppeteer. It was a nice story and the children enjoyed it.


At the end of the evening some of our friend stayed for a potluck dinner. We really had a wonderful time. Thanks to Tonya for Working together to make this happen and to Kim who stayed and helped me clean up !!
1 comment:
Sounds very spiritual! I'm glad the fire department didn't have to come.
Post a Comment